The Charleston hen party is all about 1920's vintage fun & frolicks. Think Great Gatsby, Flapper Girls and beaded fringe dresses when planning your Charleston themed hen do. We start your hen party with a Charleston dance class where we cover the basics. It is all set to a soundtrack of 1920's classics like Happy Feet and The Charleston, as well as tracks like 'Bang' from Great Gatsby. Then, step back in time to 1920's Chicago, bang in the middle of the Prohibition, as you and the hens learn a fabulous Flapper girl routine straight off Fat Sam's Speakeasy stage. This is classy and fun and a great choice for anyone having a vintage, 1920's or Gatsby themed hen do. Roaring 20's here we come...
Charleston Hen Party breakdown & price
The 1920's themed Charleston hen party is the cat's meow! The session includes:
- 1.5hr private dance class with a TCC qualified dance teacher in a smart dance studio
- Charleston class warm up - The Charleston Walk
- Charleston dance lesson including clasic steps like Swivel kicks, shim sham and illusion knees
- Group dance routine to Bugsy Malone - suitable for wedding flashmob
- Jazz cool down
- Gift: Bottle of Bubbly for the bride
- Bring your cameras and the teacher will film it for you
Price: £20-£30pp depending on group size & party date.
Want to know exactly what happens in the Charleston hen party? Click on the link below to read the choreographer's full description.
Charleston Choreographer: Greta
The Charleston party actually came about because we included a whole Charleston section in our Strictly party (it being my favourite strictly dance alongside the Argentine Tango). However, I got so carried away with the Charleston that we ended up with too much content and were only able to use a small section in the final Strictly hen party. But, our Charleston choreography was so much fun that I couldn't bear the thought of our hens not getting the chance to do it. The main charleston routine is inspired by Chris & Ola's glitter ball winning dance to Bugsy Malone. I marked it out with Sherene, one of the other instructors and it was hilarious. We were literally rolling about on the floor in fits of laughter, especially when we did the swimming move at the end. We had to turn it into a dance hen party so we decided to create a whole Charleston party, dedicated to this fantastic dance! And low & behold, the Charleston party was born!
My Charleston obsession is partly because of the exquisite vintage costumes and partly because it appeals to my love of silliness. I'm really into the history of the Charleston and it's role as a scandalous social dance back in the 1920's. I love the idea of going out to a Jazz club in the roaring 20's and everyone doing the Charleston! It's easy to imagine the energy & fun a night like that would have involved. And it's exactly the sort of feeling we want for our hen parties. It's not that hard to create bacuse most of our hens come dressed up in vintage 1920's outfits & flapper girl costumes so we instantly have that 1920's buzz. Then we do a charleston workshop to teach everyone the basic moves which is completely light-hearted and fun. We include a charleston dance competition (a nod to It's a Wonderful Life) which is always full of laughs, and then we go on to do our fantastic group routine to Fat Sam's from Bugsy Malone - the inspiration for the whole party and one of the funniest dances that we do. We get lots of emails from hens saying that they did the dance at the wedding & it was hilarious!
The other wonderful thing about the Charleston party is the music. I was able to use a whole range of tracks including of course The Charleston and other songs from the golden Jazz era, alongside retro-influenced tracks like Will-I-am's Great Gatsby soundtrack and the soundtrack from Chicago the musical - another of my favourites. I think that the Charleston hen party has one of the best soundtracks of all of our parties. Perfect for any vintage themed hen do.
Nationwide locations for Charleston Hen Parties
- Bath - Charleston Hen Party
- Birmingham - Charleston Hen Party
- Blackpool - Charleston Hen Party
- Bournemouth - Charleston Hen Party
- Brighton - Charleston Hen Party
- Bristol - Charleston Hen Party
- Cambridge - Charleston Hen Party
- Cardiff - Charleston Hen Party
- Cheltenham - Charleston Hen Party
- Chester - Charleston Hen Party
- Durham - Charleston Hen Party
- Edinburgh - Charleston Hen Party
- Essex - Charleston Hen Party
- Exeter - Charleston Hen Party
- Glasgow - Charleston Hen Party
- Harrogate - Charleston Hen Party
- Leeds - Charleston Hen Party
- Liverpool - Charleston Hen Party
- London - Charleston Hen Party
- Manchester - Charleston Hen Party
- Milton Keynes - Charleston Hen Party
- Newcastle - Charleston Hen Party
- Nottingham - Charleston Hen Party
- Oxford - Charleston Hen Party
- Reading - Charleston Hen Party
- Sheffield - Charleston Hen Party
- Southampton - Charleston Hen Party
- Stratford-upon-Avon - Charleston Hen Party
- Windsor - Charleston Hen Party
- York - Charleston Hen Party
If your location is not listed for Charleston hen parties, get in touch as we may be able so send a Charleston dance teacher to you. Just call 020 8672 4586.
Meet our lovely Charleston dance teachers
Hen Party Dance Teacher Tasha in Brighton
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Brighton?
Hen Party Dance Teacher Valerie in Bath & Bristol
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Bath and Bristol?
Hen Party Dance Teacher - Emily in Cardiff & Swansea
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Cardiff?
- Charleston- this era and style is very much me and love going back in time to the 1920's
- Single Ladies- Because I love how Beyonce moves and her fierce attitude, I get to move like her and be a Diva
- Thriller- I believe Michael Jackson is a pioneer in dance and music and love performing his moves
What do you love about teaching hen parties in Cardiff and Swansea?
I love being a coach at The Cheerleading Co because I am part of a very special event and with each party there is joy, fun and laughter and obviously I get to teach and dance, nothing could be better.
Charleston Hen Party costume ideas
Charleston hen party costume ideas. There are so many exquisite vintage costume ideas for the 1920's look and The flapper girl is a fun costume idea. Luckily the 1920s fashion has had a big resurgence in recent years and of course films like The Great Gatsby have really helped this. It’s really easy now to create the 1920s costume from the High Street or online for your 1920's hen party. Actually that reminds me New Look had a fab fringe dress recently which I wish I’d snapped up.
For the 1920s Charleston Costume, the idea is beads, fringe, and long pearls, so make the bride look stunning. A dress or any item of clothing with beading on it is a good start or of course something with fringe. There are lots of fab Charleston 1920s accessories you can easily buy online and still have change for £5. A string of fake pearls works a treat and I’m also partial to a Charleston head band as I think they really finish off the outfit. If you don't want to go all out with the dresses, you could just do a sort of nod to the theme by giving everyone head bands to wear.
Charleston 1920s Hair and Make up ideas.
The Charleston make up and hair is quite similar to the Burlesque costume in that it has a vintage feel. For me the main difference though is that with the 1920s eyes you can go heavy on the smokey look you don’t need to hold back.
Charleston 1920s Footwear ideas - bare feet or trainers are recommended. You can wear dance shoes if you have them but as tempting as it is I'd avoid high heels as you will probably want to save your feet for your night out so keep it comfy for the dance lesson, and just put the heels on for the photos.
Hope our Cheerleading Company costume tips help you find your dance hen party outfits & we can't wait to see your costume photos : )