The Dirty Dancing hen party is an absolute must for any Dirty Dancing fan. We created the Dirty Dancing party almost 10 years ago now and were the first company to offer a Dirty Dancing class to Hen parties. We're big fans of Dirty Dancing and used to jump of the sofa and join in on all the dances. So we've developed the Dirty Dancing hen party to showcase all our favourite dance moments in the film. Kick off with a 60's holiday camp style salsa merengue class then go wild in the Dirty Dancing 'Time of my Life' routine featuring that lift! And we guarantee that whatever your hens' ability, even those with two left feet will have 'the time of their life' in this Dirty Dancing hen do.
Dirty Dancing Hen Party breakdown & price
Pick up a Watermelon and come Dirty Dancing. The Dirty Dancing hen party includes:
- 1.5hr private dance class with a TCC qualified dance teacher in a smart dance studio
- Warm up to Be My Baby & Hungry Eyes
- Learn a Log dance which incorporates the Mash potato and 60's dance moves.
- 60's holiday camp style salsa merengue dance class sequence
- 'Time of My Life' group dance routine (perfect to perform at the wedding!)
- Special Dirty Dancing lift sequence with the bride
- Bottle of bubbly for the bride
- Bring your cameras and the teacher will film it for you
Price: £20-£30pp depending on group size & party date.
Want to know exactly what happens in the Dirty Dancing hen party? Click on the link below to read the choreographer's full description.
Dirty Dancing Choreographer: Cece & Julia
'Now I've had the time of my life....' You can't help but want to dance to that song. Greta and I have always loved Dirty Dancing and so, the moment we decided to create dance hen parties, choroegraphing a Dirty Dancing hen party was a given. The Dirty Dancing hen party was actully only the 3rd theme we created. So it's one of our vintage dance sessions. First was Cheerleading, second Fame and third Dirty Dancing and at that time no one else offered it so it was something brand new and very original.
The main thing was that I wanted the Dirty Dancing hen party to allow you to jump up and dance at all those moments in the film where you want to join in! So we start with the Log Dance and we recreate that scene where Patrick and Baby first dance on the log together. It's great fun and very silly. Next we do a salsa merengue workshop as Baby learns to Salsa outside at Kellermans. I got Julia (one of our resident choreographers) to choreograph the Salsa section as that's her big thing. She set it up to re-create the scene where Penny teachers that salsa class in the gazebo to it's nice and authentic and adds to the feeling of being in the movie.
After that we do the main group routine which is of course to I've had the time of my life. We felt a Dirty Dancing party wouldn't be complete without 'the lift' so we've designed our own version of the Dirty Dancing lift for hen groups on the bride to be and it works really well. Actually the lift has a 100% track record, it's always gone up and it's my favourite part of the whole party.
Nationwide locations for Dirty Dancing Hen Parties
- Bath - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Birmingham - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Blackpool - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Bournemouth - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Brighton - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Bristol - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Cambridge - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Cardiff - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Cheltenham - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Chester - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Durham - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Edinburgh - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Essex - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Exeter - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Glasgow - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Harrogate - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Leeds - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Liverpool - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- London - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Manchester - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Milton Keynes - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Newcastle - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Nottingham - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Oxford - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Reading - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Sheffield - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Southampton - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Stratford-upon-Avon - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- Windsor - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
- York - Dirty Dancing Hen Party
If your location is not listed for Dirty Dancing hen parties, get in touch as we may be able so send a Dirty Dancing dance teacher to you. Just call 020 8672 4586.
Meet our lovely Dirty Dancing dance teachers
Hen Party Dance Teacher Sam in Chester
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Chester?
1. Dirty Dancing - It's my all time favourite movie- it inspired me to start dancing! The lift is also great!
2. Single Ladies - Because Beyonce is such an idol and the party is so much fun.
3. Burlesque - I love seeing the ladies become confident and sexy in themselves, it's lovely!
Hen Party Dance Teacher Naomi in London & Oxford
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in London & Oxford?
1. Thriller - Because I am a huge MJ fan and dancing to his music always makes my day!
2. Cheerleading - It's a really personal party and everyone grins the second they have pompoms in their hands!
3. Dirty Dancing - It's such a classic, feel-good movie and the party is a ball!
Hen Party Dance Teacher Valerie in Bath & Bristol
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Bath and Bristol?
Dirty Dancing Hen Party costume ideas
Dirty Dancing is such a fun theme for costume and I've great ideas for this! For Baby it ís a fun costume idea to dress her in a pale pink floaty dress. You can buy baby from Dirty Dancing costumes online from fancy dress shops, and wigs also! Recently I saw a perfect dress in H&M though which I of course tweeted about so you may find something on the high street. My favourite costume idea for the Dirty Dancing look for the rest of the hen group is denim bottoms and
white tops. Grab a pair of old jeans, and cut them so they are either cropped mid calf length or if you like make them into shorts. Turn them up of course. Pair these with a white top or white shirt, rolled up and tied and voila youíre done. A pair of lace up pumps in white would complete this fantastic Dirty Dancing costume. So easy and you probably already have everything you need for this.
Except the watermelon that is.
It's a must to pick up a watermelon prop. How big a watermelon you wish to carry is up to you!
Dirty Dancing Hair and Make up ideas.
You can go for a 1960's influence with a low beehive and slick of black eyeliner but, for the bride, keep it very natural. Think natural hair and natural make up after all in Dirty Dancing Baby is young and fresh. Why not get a curly blonde 'baby' wig for the bride to wear.
Dirty Dancing Footwear ideas - bare feet or trainers are recommended. Flat shoes such us lace up pumps would also work for the Dirty Dancing look.
Hope our Cheerleading Company costume tips help you find your dance hen party outfits & we can't wait to see your costume photos : )