We're huge Glee fans so we simply had to do a Glee hen party! We LOVE Glee and through Pineapple Cheerleaders, we were lucky enough to work with the cast of Glee when they came to London on tour : ) So we've designed a Glee dance hen do and for all you fellow Gleeks. During the Glee hen party, we take you on a journey from first joining the Glee club all the way through to Regionals. Plus, the grand finale is a fabulous Glee inspired hen dance routine to ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ – the Glee version of course! For any Glee fans, this is the ultimate hen do!
Glee Hen Party breakdown & price
Turn your hens into the New Directions! The Glee hen party includes:
- 1.5hr private dance class with a TCC qualified dance teacher in a smart dance studio
- Intro to show choir with a Broadway classic from Eposide 1
- Kurt inspired Single Ladies routine
- 'Sectionals' competition with Glee soundtrack
- 'Regionals group routine to Don't stop Believing' - suitable for wedding flashmob'
- Cool down to 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'
- Gift: Bottle of Bubbly for the bride
- Bring your cameras and the teacher will film it for you
Price: £20-£30pp depending on group size & party date.
Want to know exactly what happens in the Glee hen party? Click on the link below to read the choreographer's full description.
Glee Choreographer: Greta
I LOVE Glee! But I must confess, it wasn't actually love at first sight - I remember watching the trailer where Rachel puts the gold star next to her name and thinking 'that girl is annoying and that show looks stupid' but I happened to catch the first episode & LOVED it! (American TV shows are my guilty pleasure so it was bound to happen). Singing, dancing, teen drama, cheerleaders and Sue Sylvester (so going to wear the red tracksuit to my next coaching session). It made me feel so happy and I just wanted to be in Glee. But, I can't sing! I guess I'm the Mike Chang of the group. Dancing - Hell Yeah; Singing - computer says no! So, how to get the Glee experience...?
Well, luckily for me, I'm a co-choreographer for the UK's top cheerleading squad - Pineapple Cheerleaders, so I was able to add Don't Stop Believing to our repetoire. It was really popular & clients really went for it so we had an amazing time performing to Glee at some amazing events, including on tour in UAE, and at Silverstone race track. Then, the icing on the cake, the cast of Glee came to London to perform at the O2 and we got hired to work with them for their promotion on ITV. really I have had some amazing Glee experiences.
So...as you can imagine, it wasn't long before I got us to a Glee themed hen party experience so that everyone could have fun pretending to be on Glee. I knew there would be other fans out there who want to dance their hearts out to Don't Stop Believing (perhaps whilst dressed as Cheerios) and so we created the Glee hen party. In the party, we take our lovely hens on a journey right from the start of Glee club, all the way to Regionals using dances to songs from the show. It's all about having fun & feeling happy. We also have a section in the middle where you can choose your own favourite Glee song in advance and we will incorporate it into the party - that way, if the bride has a favourite Glee memory, we make sure it is in there. The main event is of course the routine to Don't Stop beleiving and it's full of fun & drama inspired by the New Directions.
It is an absolute must for any Glee fans, and if the bride is a Gleek then she will absolutely love it. And don't worry if you have a few non-gleeks in the group; it won't take long before they're jumping up & down & joining in because the songs are so popular & everyone knows them. Even if you've never watched an episode, you'll easily be able to follow the party & have a laugh.
Nationwide locations for Glee Hen Parties
- Bath - Glee Hen Party
- Birmingham - Glee Hen Party
- Blackpool - Glee Hen Party
- Bournemouth - Glee Hen Party
- Brighton - Glee Hen Party
- Bristol - Glee Hen Party
- Cambridge - Glee Hen Party
- Cardiff - Glee Hen Party
- Cheltenham - Glee Hen Party
- Chester - Glee Hen Party
- Durham - Glee Hen Party
- Edinburgh - Glee Hen Party
- Essex - Glee Hen Party
- Exeter - Glee Hen Party
- Glasgow - Glee Hen Party
- Harrogate - Glee Hen Party
- Leeds - Glee Hen Party
- Liverpool - Glee Hen Party
- London - Glee Hen Party
- Manchester - Glee Hen Party
- Milton Keynes - Glee Hen Party
- Newcastle - Glee Hen Party
- Nottingham - Glee Hen Party
- Oxford - Glee Hen Party
- Reading - Glee Hen Party
- Sheffield - Glee Hen Party
- Southampton - Glee Hen Party
- Stratford-upon-Avon - Glee Hen Party
- Windsor - Glee Hen Party
- York - Glee Hen Party
If your location is not listed for Glee hen parties, get in touch as we may be able so send a Glee dance teacher to you. Just call 020 8672 4586.
Meet our lovely Glee dance teachers
Hen Party Dance Teacher - Katie in Brentwood, Essex
What are your top 3 favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in Brentwood?
- 80’s hen party - One of my favourite eras, I mean who doesn’t like break dancing?!! Not to mention Thriller?!!
- Dirty Dancing hen party – I absolutely love the film and could probably recite every line!! Doing the Iconic baby lift is a really special moment for the bride and all her hens.
- Glee hen party – I’m a self confessed Gleek! Singing, dancing....cheese, I love it!!
Hen Party Dance Teacher - Hannah in London
What are your top 3, all-time favourite Cheerleading Company hen parties in London?
- Single Ladies - because I love Beyonce and that dance and is the chance for everyone to be sassy and sexy!
- Glee - because I am a total Gleek
- Street - because I love street and hip hop and is really fun doing all the different styles.
How long have you been teaching dance hen parties in London?
I have been coaching hen parties for The Cheerleading Company for over 4 years now and I absolutely love it!
Glee Hen Party costume ideas
A Glee themed hen party is really easy when it comes to costumes because there are quite a few different ways you could go. You could keep it simple and just wear the Mckinley High colours - so a red T shirt & top. Put it together with a jeans to look just like the Glee club in Eposide 1. Or, you could go all out and dress up as the different characters. The bride could be Rachel & you could get her a fitted blouse, preppy cardigan, plaid mini skirt, long socks, flat pumps and a hair band. My favourite character is Sue Sylvester and her signature red tracksuits are also available online from fancy dress shops. Ooh and not forgetting Miss Pilsbury who usually wears a silk pussycat bow blouse & A line skirt.
You also dress up as the boys with American Football style tops or Warblers blazers' and pregnant guests can be Quinn ;) Then you could go online and get Cherios costumes for people to dress as Britney & Santana.
Put your hair up in a high ponytail with a single curl. I don't think that Mercedes & Tina's outfits are as distinctive but Mercedes often wears a funky hat and Tina wears a lot of black and had that goth phase.
Other ideas are to create your own 'can't sing' style T shirts. We've had quite a few groups do this & it's really easy and looks really good. Or, if you really want to impress, why not nip down to Primark and buy a whole set of matching tacky babydoll/prom style dresses, (the shinier the better) the sort of thing they wear to competitions.
Hope our Cheerleading Company costume tips help you find your dance hen party outfits & we can't wait to see your costume photos : )